Medical School: University College Dublin Medical School, Class of 1983.
Degrees and Diplomas:
- MB, BCh, BAO, (NUI) 1983
- BSc, Anatomy (NUI) 1984
- FRCSI 1987
- MCh (NUI) 1992
- FRCS (Gen) 1996
Mr. O’Donohoe completed his Basic and Higher Surgical Training in Dublin, Galway, London and North Carolina, USA, in General and Vascular Surgery. He was accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and the SAC in 1996. He has been on the Specialist register of the Medical Council since its inception.
Following a period as Lecturer in Surgery in Trinity College he was appointed Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon in Waterford Regional Hospital in 1999. He left Waterford Regional Hospital in 2000 to take up his present appointments.
- Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon
- Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
- Beaumont Hospital
- The Children’s’ University Hospital Temple St.,
Consultant with Admitting Privileges:
- Beacon Hospital
- Mater Private Hospital
- Bon Secours Hospital.
Special Surgical and Research Interests:
- Aortic aneurysm surgery both open and endovascular
- Carotid surgery and stroke prevention
- Lower limb venous surgery
- Lower limb arterial reconstruction and the diabetic foot